Restoration was created to help you achieve a better night’s sleep to be recharged to take on a new day.
What Restoration is: A powerful combination of ingredients to help you wind down, fall asleep and stay asleep at night.
What Restoration is not: a product that will leave you feeling groggy and tired in the morning when you wake up.
Most of us know sleep is important for a multitude of reasons, yet according to the CDC 35% of American’s are sleep deprived. With increasing work loads, busier schedules and the advancements of technology its easy to see why people are lacking sleep. From staying up late to get work done and increased blue light exposure from looking at TVs/laptops/phones later at night we are slowly making it harder for our body to fall asleep. This blue light exposure later at night inhibits melatonin release from the pineal gland. Melatonin is responsible for initiating the sleep process, and naturally rises as the sun goes down as a response to make us get ready to sleep. However, the blue light exposure as well as increased stress levels via training, studying, or working at night can make it that much harder for us to fall asleep. So, what exactly happens when we are sleep deprived?
Sleep deprivation has been linked to memory issues, trouble thinking/concentrating, mood changes, weakened immune function, high blood pressure, increased risk for diabetes, weight gain, decrease in libido, increased risk of heart disease and issues with balance. More specifically in the resistance training community, sleep deprivation is going to significantly hinder your ability to recover from strenuous training sessions and can derail your dieting goals by significantly increase cortisol levels as a function of deprivation. We need to ensure that we get an adequate amount of sleep to allow our bodies to fully recover from the stress and strain we put them through in a daily basis.
Restoration is for students who stay up too late studying, individuals who work late at night, athletes, and anyone who just needs to significantly improve their sleep. Restoration was formulated to calm and relax you to help initiate sleep as well as improve the quality of sleep that you get. Unlike most other products in which you can quickly build tolerances to or wake up feeling groggy despite sleeping for 7-8 hours Restoration was created for you to wake up feeling fresh and ready to take on the day. For best results take 30-40 mins prior to bed time and start with a half scoop to assess tolerance.
Vitamin B6 5mg
- Converted to Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate in the liver and acts as a coenzyme for biosynthesis reactions.
- Deficiency of this vitamin is linked to cognitive impairment in older age.
- Helps control homocysteine levels.
- Regulates tryptophan and the production of serotonin (the neurotransmitter that regulates melatonin levels).
Magnesium Glycinate 250mg
- Mineral needed for the facilitation of over 300 biochemical reactions in the body.
- Needed for regulating muscle/nerve function, blood sugar levels, blood pressure, and making bones/proteins/DNA.
- Deficiency can lead to muscle cramping, mental disorder, osteoporosis, fatigue, muscle weakness, high blood pressure, asthma, and irregular heartbeat.
- Helps maintain GABA (neurotransmitter that promotes sleep) and increases relaxation and helps deal with stress.
- Mineral needed for proper immune system functioning as well as cell division, cell growth, wound healing, carbohydrate breakdown, and hormone function.
- One symptom of deficiency can be impaired cognitive functioning.
- Zinc aids sleep and decreases anxiety.
- Can help improve sleep quality and decrease sleep latency.
- Amino acid used to synthesize other amino acids, glutathione, creatine, heme, RNA/DNA, and aid in calcium absorption.
- Promotes sleep via peripheral vasodilation through the action of the NMDA receptors in the brain. It is an inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brainstem/spinal cord.
- Theorized to lower core body temperature faster allowing an individual to fall asleep faster.
- 3g has been shown to be effective at raising GH levels and promoting better sleep.
- Gamma-Aminobutryic Acid is an amino acid naturally produced in the brain. Primary neurotransmitter for initiating sleep.
- It reduces activity of other neurons in the brain and central nervous system by blocking glutamate.
- It also helps reduce mental and physical stress, lower anxiety, and provide a calming feeling.
- Low GABA activity in the body can lead to anxiety, chronic stress, depression, difficulty concentrating, muscle pain/headaches, and insomnia.
Mucana Pruriens 1g
- Originally used to treat male infertility, but is also a source of L Dopa, precursor to dopamine.
- Effective at reducing symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease, equally as effective as the drug levodopa.
- Has antidepressant qualities and can reduce stress.
- Can also decrease prolactin, help with male infertility and increase GH levels.
- While they both work well on their own they seem to have a synergistic effect when paired with one another.
KSM 66 Ashwagandha 600mg
- Ashwagandha is an adaptogenic herb that helps the body manage stress.
- Its most notable attribute is the ability to reduce cortisol (the stress hormone) levels and combats stress.
- It may help decrease anxiety and other symptoms in individuals with chronic stress.
- It also may reduce blood sugar and serum triglyceride levels.
- Ashwagandha may also boost testosterone and fertility levels in men.
- Precursor to citrulline and arginine.
- It causes relaxation by removing excess ammonia from the gut.
- Helps increase growth hormone and IGF1 when ingested with arginine.
- Ornithine on its own has been linked to increased GH output.
- May relieve stress and improve sleep quality.
- An amino acid found in green tea leaves that elevates GABA, serotonin and dopamine to promote relaxation and help sleep.
- Also decreases levels of excitatory chemicals that lead to stress and anxiety.
- Provides more of a calming than sleepy feeling.
- 5-Hydroxytryptophan is an amino acid produced in the body that is versatile and presents a wide range of benefits.
- Involved in the creation of serotonin and is regarded as a mood stabilizer. (Low levels of serotonin are associated with depression, anxiety, sleep disorders, and weight gain).
- When combined with GABA it significantly decreases time to sleep and increases sleep duration and quality.
- Hormone secreated from the pineal gland responsible for making us sleepy.
- Levels rise and fall with sunlight, for example as the sun goes down cortisol decreases and melatonin increases, as the sun comes up melatonin goes down and cortisol goes up, this is a function of regulating our sleep cycles.
- Blue light exposure close to bed time can disrupt our melatonin making it more difficult to sleep.