Flavor: Pink Starburst
Ascend was formulated to take you to another level without holding you back in other aspects of your life.
What Ascend is: a caffeine-free nootropic powder with unique ingredients at efficacious doses that can be taken at any time without any deleterious effect on sleep.
What Ascend is not: an overstimulated attempt at making you feel more energized while wreaking havoc on your adrenals and sleep cycles.
Don’t get us wrong caffeine is great and can be useful to help you feel more energized, but it’s not always a practical option. What we mean by this is that caffeine has a half life of 5 to 6 hours, potentially more or less due to factors such as weight, age, liver health, and certain medications. For example, if you consume 300mg of caffeine from either a preworkout, nootropic, or Venti starbucks coffee at 4pm, around 10pm at night you will still have 150mg of caffeine floating around in your bloodstream. When caffeine is ingested, it stimulates the release of the catecholamines (epinephrine, norepinephrine, adrenaline, and noradrenaline) from the adrenal glands. Over time, excessive use of caffeine and stimulants can lead to adrenal fatigue, causing the adrenals to work harder and produce more cortisol as a result therefore requiring more caffeine to elicit the same effects. Caffeine has also been linked to disturbing sleep, time to sleep, and even suppress melatonin production. Melatonin is the hormone that gets released as it gets darker outside and is meant to initiate the sleep process.
Ascend is for athletes whose schedule demands them to train late at night, students who need to focus for those late night projects or studying sessions, business owners and execs who need to get work done, or anyone who is looking for that extra boost to take on the day without compromise. Ascend was designed to improve focus, fight fatigue and stress, and promote optimal brain performance and health over time. It can be used daily and at any time of the day that you need to ASCEND to a higher level.
- A non essential amino acid produced in the body from phenylalanine.
- Used in the creation of dopamine, adrenaline/noradrenaline, thyroid hormone, and melanin.
- Helps improve mental function under stress, specifically stress from hot/cold temps or altitude.
- Improves working memory , cognitive flexibility, and alertness in a sleep deprived state.
- Improved mental function and lowered systolic blood pressure in military cadets in one week.
Lions Mane 1,500mg
- Hericium erinaceus mushroom native to North America, Europe, and Asia that is rich in polysaccharides.
- Promotes brain health and function, but also has antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Contains two compounds: hericenones and erinacines that can stimulate the growth of brain cells via neurite outgrowth (growth of axons and dendrites from the neurons).
- Can aid in slowing cognitive decline in the elderly when used daily.
Alpha GPC 50% 1,200mg
- Alpha-glycerophosphocholine is a stable form of choline capable of reaching brain tissue after ingestion.
- Increases acetylcholine levels in the brain helping ameliorate cognitive decline and protect from degeneration.
- It can also increase body force production after 6 days.
- 600mg can acutely increase growth hormone levels by 150% and lead to increases in power output.
- At 1,200mg of 50% (the most stable form of Alpha-GPC) we have an industry leading dose of 600mg.
- Dimethylaminoethanol, not to be confused with DMAA or DMHA.
- In the 60’s and 70’s a prescription form (Deanor/Deanol) was available as a safer alternative to Ritalin showing comparable results without the side effects.
- Is used with Parachlorphenoxyacetic acid to make Centrophenoxine of which is widely used to treat Alzheimers and Dementia.
- May protect neurons and aid in metabolic processes by being used as a methyl group donor.
Rhodiola Rosea (5% Salidrosides) 350mg
- Contains two powerful compounds: salidrosides and rosavins.
- Rosavins may support healthy stress levels and weight loss.
- Salidrosides are the more active and powerfull compound of rhodolia and responsible for the adaptogenic properties that help maintain homeostasis during stress.
- Rhodiola inhibits monoamine oxidase of which is responsible for the breakdown of dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin leading to an increase of those neurotransmitters to maintain healthy stress levels and feelings of well being.
- It can also help boost endurance exercise performance as well aid in dealing with mild to moderate depression.
- An amino acid found in green tea leaves.
- Theanine elevates GABA, serotonin and dopamine to promote relaxation but without making you feel drowsy.
- It decreases levels of excitatory chemicals that lead to stress and anxiety but improves focus.
- Works well with caffeine or similar compounds to provide a smoother energy and no crash.
Kanna 100mg (Sceletium tortuosum)
- A traditional Chinese herb that was used by shepherds traditionally to relieve hunger, thirst, and pain.
- In human clinical trials, it helped improve sleep and decrease stress. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23441963/
- It may improve executive and cognitive function. https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2014/682014
- A combination of Panax Notoginseng and Astragalus membranaceus that promotes greater absorption of amino acids and other ingredients.
- AstraGin® up-regulates both the mRNA and protein expression levels of the nutrient transporters that regulate the amount of amino acids , glucose, vitamins, and other nutrients entering into the intestinal cells.
Huperzine A 200mcg
- Extracted from the moss Huperzia serrata, and acts as a cholinesterase inhibitor of which blocks the breakdown of acetylcholine. By blocking the breakdown of acetylcholine it allows the increased acetylcholine to be utilized longer promoting greater focus.
- Proposed to enhance learning, memory and protect against cognitive decline.
- It has been used as a potential alzheimers treatment.